[CT Birds] Boothe Park HW Golden Eagle/Goshawk/record-breaking day

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 26 20:15:46 EDT 2010

Last night in response to a query from  MA birder, I predicted 150-300 hawks today at Lighthouse, and added "depending on how soon the wind goes East."  Well, things didn't go East until noon and we ended up with 283 including 4 Bald Eagles and 15 Peregrines.  We also had 3 Dickcissel and many Purple Finch.
Number/composition of hawks was very similar to that of Boothe Park, today.  For all Hawk Watch totals, refer to Hawk Count:
The New Haven Parks Department and all the volunteers ensured that today's Migration Festival was a huge success.
Steve Mayo