[CT Birds] Connecticut Young Birders Club - Saturday, October 16th

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 16:32:29 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I am just forwarding this to the listserve just in case anyone missed out on the initial discussions. The inaugural meeting will be held at Audubon Greenwich(see directions in link below) on Saturday, October the 16th. The eventwill kick off with an initial meeting to discuss the foundation of thegroup and allow participants to set up some rules, pick someforthcoming field trips, decide on a name and other basic decisionsabout how the club should run. For that reason it would be great to getas many young birders' input at that initial meeting as possible.

We are pleased to announce that Kenn Kaufman will be appearing as a special guest for this eventand will be running the inaugural club walk here on the AudubonGreenwich property after the initial meeting. As well as being a famousbirder, writer and tour guide Kenn and his wife Kim have beeninstrumental in getting the Ohio Young Birders Club off of the ground.

The days events will start at 3:00pm with the initial meetingduring which we will provide refreshments. We envisage the walk willrun between 4:00pm and 5:00pm . Kenn will then be signing books at theAudubon Greenwich Nature Store from 6:00pm and his talk will run from7:30 to 9:00pm, and we'd like to invite Young Birders Club members tojoin us for Kenn's talk that evening.

The aim is for this club to be a statewide endeavor and we will beworking with organizations across Connecticut to ensure that futureevents will span the state and not be solely based in Fairfield County.

Pleasecan you RSVP your intention to attend this event. Also please feel freeto pass this on to any other young birders that you think may beinterested (we are assuming attendees for this initial meeting will be under 18 years of age). Please note we willrequire an adult to sign a permission slip for attendees under 14 andwill send those out upon receipt of your RSVP.  We look forward toseeing you on October 16th.

If you have any further questions please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Luke Tiller, Official Hawkwatcher
Audubon Greenwich

DIRECTIONS TO THE EVENT: http://greenwich.audubon.org/AboutUs_Directions.html