[CT Birds] Sanctuary update

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Thu Sep 30 15:41:37 EDT 2010

CT Birders -

The last few weeks I have been away but in between trips I have managed to note some of the birds at the sanctuary.

Last week - Flyover adult BALD EAGLE,   a beauuutiful ADULT MALE AMERICAN KESTREL stopped by for a rest at the top of a very tall weeping spruce gave me some great looks, pair of AMERICAN REDSTARTS one being an adult male,  PURPLE FINCH, EASTERN TOWHEE(first of the fall for me)

This week so far YELLOW RUMPED WARBLERS, a SCARLET TANAGER still vocalizing the fledgling call, COMMON YELLOWTHROATS, GRAY CATBIRDS continue, eleven EASTERN BLUEBIRDS coming to the mealworm feeder, 3 NORTHERN FLICKERS, AMERICAN GOLDFINCHES with fledglings actively begging for food. CEDAR WAXWINGS seen daily mostly fly catching anywhere from 15-30 birds,  CHIPPING SPARROWS 20-30 birds seen each day

RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD continues as of today, an immature male
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT