[CT Birds] Blue Jay Behavior

Renee Lindenmeier renee.lindenmeier at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 16:21:19 EDT 2010

Wondering if anyone else has experienced, as I have, Blue Jays mimicking hawk
sounds.  Today I had a thought about this as again I thought I heard a hawk in
my front yard and it was a Blue Jay, who went to the feeder.  Perhaps there is a
method to the madness of the Blue Jay(s) in that if they call like a hawk, the
other feeder birds will disperse and the BJ has the feeder to itself.

Renee Rausch, Seymour, CT
"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul...." Emily Dickinson