[CT Birds] Hummingbirds and others

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Fri Oct 1 12:57:36 EDT 2010

 CT Birders -

 Today, October 1st there are two immature ruby throats  visiting flowers at the sanctuary.  Yesterday I received an injured juvenile male. Obviously there are still plenty moving through, don't give up some may still pass through yet.

 During a break in the downpours I  also noted two SCARLET TANAGERS, two EASTERN PHOEBES, one eating mealworms on the patio, 10 AMERICAN ROBINS visiting pokeweed berries and all of the same birds posted yesterday are still evident.

 Currently in the rehab clinic which I forgot to mention yesterday are two hummingbirds, one northern rough winged swallow, two  gray catbirds and two cedar waxwings.

 I am truly happy for the rain but finally have the time for some serious yard work and it is a bit wet out there!
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT