[CT Birds] Harris Hawk Question

etbchs at aol.com etbchs at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 09:47:19 EDT 2010

 How likely is it to see a Harris Hawk? Each year around this time, a Hawk flies over the adjacent field. The hawk frequents for only a few days and leaves. Today, I was able to get a close up view. The chestnut coloring and white band made me grab the binoculars... Comparing the picture I took ( at a distance) to internet photos, it sure looks like a Harris....Could this be? If not, what other Hawk might it be? It is not a Cooper, Sharp Shinned, Red Shoulder, or Harrier...to the best that I can tell.