[CT Birds] Chester, 10/3 - death of a wood thrush

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Sun Oct 3 10:03:57 EDT 2010

 I would take a guess the wood thrush was either ill or had struck a window.  Any time a bird is not acting normally, as definitely in the case of your wood thrush, every attempt should be made to capture the bird and get it some help.  The thrush most likely was hiding under a wheel  or had possibly died hiding there.

One morning my husband backed out of our driveway and had killed a garter that was hiding under his wheel... Unfortunate accidents happen all  the time. It is the avoidable incidents I have ZERO patience for.... Example the beautiful tiny winter wren brought to me this morning after being played with by a cat.  That is a scenario which does not ever have to happen if people would just keep their cats indoors.
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT