Jan Hamilton janh.2005 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 17:12:51 EDT 2010

From: Jan Hamilton, Old Saybrook

RE: Wood thrush and Poor Will~

To Tammy and Dave and anyone else in their shoes or just an interested
observer: I had the misfortune once of arriving at work and having someone
point out to me that I had a goldfinch stuck head first in the grill of my
car! I never saw the poor thing. Tammy, you may have done the thrush a favor
by putting it out of its misery, whatever it was. And yes, Dave, you're not
alone, as a parent with the same feelings from time to time. Take heart, it
should get better once the offspring are out of the house and on their own.
(Yee ha!) We all do the best we can with what we have, right?!