[CT Birds] Interesting Day thus far at Quaker Ridge

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 11:03:44 EDT 2010

 Hi All,

Between the rain the hawks are moving today. Highlight thus far is a Northern Goshawk that just came low directly over me. Incredible to see this buteo sized accipiters power when it turns on those afterburners and motors away. Also a few Common Loons, Purple Finches ad Canada Geese Flocks etc etc.

Over the weekend I was in the city and amongst the migrants I stumbled into were large numbers of Black-capped Chickadees (in places where they don't breed - my little patch in Chelsea - or only breed in very limited numbers - Central Park) I guess they are moving in some number this year - I wonder whether the Lighthouse crew have been picking this up?

Luke Tiller, Greenwich