[CT Birds] NHBC 1st Wednesday Walk

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:43:53 EDT 2010

10/6/10 - Derby - Osbornedale SP & Derby Greenway - We had 10 participants including our leader,Roy Harvey, and 51 species with no wind and light on and off drizzle.
Highlights included a NORTHERN PINTAIL,GREEN HERON,BLUE-HEADED VIREO,BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER,NORTHERN PARULA,BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER,2 SCARLET TANAGERS,CLAY-COLORED & WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS, and PURPLE FINCH. This park is truly a little gem and should be on your "must visit" list if you've never been here. Thanks again to Roy and Bill Banks for sharing all their local knowlege of the area.
Tina Green