[CT Birds] Bird ID Help (Brian Kleinman)

snaketat at cox.net snaketat at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 14:26:23 EDT 2010

Hi Barbara,

Maybe it was a Carolina Wren, they have a very loud raspy warning call.  Click on the link below to a page on the Carolina Wren, in the identification folder there is a recording.  The first part of the recording is the song after that is the warning call.

If is not the wren you can navigate the site and search for some local species ~ and play back their songs and calls to see if they match up to your mystery bird.

Good Luck!

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles