[CT Birds] Bird ID Help (Brian Kleinman)

snaketat at cox.net snaketat at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 14:26:23 EDT 2010

Hi Barbara,

Maybe it was a Carolina Wren, they have a very loud raspy warning call.  Click on the link below to a page on the Carolina Wren, in the identification folder there is a recording.  The first part of the recording is the song after that is the warning call.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Carolina_Wren/id

If is not the wren you can navigate the site and search for some local species ~ and play back their songs and calls to see if they match up to your mystery bird.

Good Luck!

Brian Kleinman
Riverside Reptiles
www.riversidereptiles.com