[CT Birds] CACC

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Oct 6 14:41:19 EDT 2010

10/6  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center  10AM-1PM, 65,  cloudy,
very high tide, receding slowly,
Very quiet on marsh as seen from windows.....About 12:25PM a group of 14
Black ducks showed up and then were snoozing on the waters and several D.C.
cormorants.
Species seen in  parking lot area, at feeders and grounds:
mourning doves, Red winged blackbirds, monk parakeets, starlings, Common
grackles, cardinals, chickadees, song sparrows, white throated sparrows,
house  sparrows,   a Lincoln sparrow (as mentioned to me by a man walking the
grounds-which I think I saw....kind of like a song sparrow, but more gray on
head), a common yellow throat, a red breasted nuthatch, and a white
breasted  nuthatch drinking from a hole/knot in a tree.
Bev propen, Orange