[CT Birds] purple finches

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 18:46:40 EDT 2010

  I have had them coming through for at least a couple of weeks now. But today I also had 2 beautiful males and a female at the feeder. I even got a picture of them!

White- throated sparrowows showed up on October 2nd, and Dark- eyed juncos showed up today. Today a  Gray catbird, eastern phoebe, and yellow- rumped warblers were seen.  The bird population is definitely changing! I have not seen any hummingbirds since October 1st, but I am not complaining after the most numerous movement of Ruby throats through the sanctuary in September  that I have ever seen.
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT