[CT Birds] Mystic morning flight

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 09:01:38 EDT 2010

from Glenn Williams:
10/8 - Mystic yard -- PURPLE FINCHES, RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER.

As I have written before, I can get excellent morning flights in my yard (highest elevation on the west side of the Mystic River), but with no geographic "hot corner" to funnel them, the birds go over and around all over the place.  ID is all luck or sound.  I wander around trying to find a good place to stand and that always seems to be where I am not.  Lots of warblers, almost all yellow-rumps.  I didn't bother to count as any hope of an accurate estimate was impossible.

Glenn Williams
Mystic