[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge HawkWatch Festival Bird Walk

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Sat Oct 9 10:57:57 EDT 2010

That late empidonax very well may of been the one I just released a  little over a week ago!  :)))))The willow/alder flycatcher arrived late in Sept. with a fractured coracoid after striking a window. The bird fully recovered and was flying and hovering well.

It hated every second of rehab so I opted for a late release, instead of attempting to winter over.  FYI the bird was banded.
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT
www.mvssanctuary.org

---- streatham2003 at aol.com wrote:

>  Hi All,

 A reliable report of a late empidonax flycatcher that showed too briefly to be identified to species and couldn't be relocated - was this the big one that got away perhaps?