[CT Birds] Western Kingbird

judymoore at optonline.net judymoore at optonline.net
Sun Oct 10 11:53:40 EDT 2010

Woodbridge Community Gardens -- a bright WESTERN KINGBIRD seen for several minutes this morning, in the trees at the north end of the chestnut orchard and along the stone wall.  I circled the gardens and returned to the original site, but couldn't find it again.  The brush there is also a prime location for sparrows. (Woodbridge Community Gardens and the chestnut trees are located on the "Fitzgerald property," at the corner of Beecher and Center Roads.   Drive in from Beecher.)Also in my yard, PURPLE FINCH and RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH.Judy MooreWoodbridge