[CT Birds] Bluff Point and Hammo

John M. Oshlick joshlic at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 10 13:36:18 EDT 2010

Bluff Point - morning flight (I am am not an experienced bluff point observer so
 what follows are my best estimates) - 900+ birds, 250-300 yellow-rumped warblers,
 100+ juncos, 50+ phoebes, 6-8 blue headed vireos, 2 red eyed vireos, 1 common
 yellowthroat, 2 BT blue warblers, 3-4 parulas, 3 blackpoll warblers, 6-8 ruby
 crowned kinglets, 2 golden crowed kinglets, 1 creeper, 1 RB nut, 1 WB nut, 2
 sapsuckers, 4 towhees, 25 + white-throated sparrows, 3 savannah sparrows, 2
 chipping sparrows

it was a great day - most of the birds landed in the trees and gave excellent looks

Hammonasset State park - middle beach parking area - 6 pipits, swampy area near
 entrance to Willard's island - 4 white-rumped sandpipers

John Oshlick
Hamden