[CT Birds] Barnacle, Cackling, Greater White-fronted , & Snow Geese - Wallingford, CT

Mark Barriger mark8bud8 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 10 20:02:31 EDT 2010

A text from my parents this afternoon alerting me to a Snow Goose wasn't enough to pull me away from the football games but the call about a Barnacle Goose got me out the door real quick. Once again for the 3rd straight year the Wallingford area hosted a Barnacle Goose for at least a day. Like two years ago this Goose was observed at Mackenzie Reservoir in Wallingford. While watching the Barnacle with my Father (the one who spotted it) we found a Greater White-fronted and a Cackling Goose.
The Snow Goose that my Dad also found was at the pond along Rt 68 down the street from Greenbacker Pond.

A few pictures of the Barnacle & Cackling can be viewed here. Nothing great but nice record shots.http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitewash88/

Mark Barriger
Cheshire, CT
Mark8bud8 at hotmail.com