[CT Birds] WT Kite yes

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Sun Oct 10 20:52:30 EDT 2010

I have second hand information from a reliable source that the White-tailed Kite was present at Stratford Point this morning. Said source also tells me it was not there tonight. Please remember this does happen from time to time. This was easily the coldest weekend we had this fall in terms of lows. Maybe it is exploring a bit more or pondering/practicing for a departure. Either way, there are still numerous people who show up to see the kite for the first time, sometimes from hundreds or thousands of miles away. If you are one of those visitors please check the following FAQ I wrote on the Connecticut Audubon blog: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2010/09/white-tailed-kite-faq-2.html

I suggest you come ASAP if you want to see it. Some of you may wonder why I am emailing this yet again, but I get emails on it daily from in and out of state birders. The kite is exceptionally popular but apparently many people still do not know about it (and come quick by when they find out).

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society