[CT Birds] Snow Goose Trends

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Oct 11 14:13:38 EDT 2010

Not from CT but I heard a distant flock of Snow Geese flying south to the east of Wildcat Mountain's D summit in New Hampshire yesterday at dawn. Couldn't find them visually (heard several calling) because they were directly between me and the rising sun. Still a cool experience, the only sound I could hear while on Wildcat D summit was the wind roaring over the Presidential range in the distance (hurricane force plus) and Snow Geese calls. Mt Washington's and Mt Adams' summits are snow/frost covered already and the trails I hiked up and over Wildcat, Mt Tom, and Mt Field were all iced in places. Seems like I just put my crampons away a couple of weeks ago...

Dave