[CT Birds] Clay-colored Sparrow at Stratford Community Gardens

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 18:12:41 EDT 2010

Hi all, Vanessa and I went in search of the Grasshopper Sparrow at the Stratford Community Gardens on Connor's Lane around 4:30 pm, We stayed a bit over an hour, and turned up a Clay-colored Sparrow near the entrance, along with 2 Chipping Sparrows, 4-5 Imm. White-crowned Sparrows, 1 Lincoln's Sparrow, 32 Song Sparrows, 4 Swamp Sparrows, 4 Savannah Sparrows, 1 Bobolink hawking insects from a perch, 1 House Wren, 3 Palm Warblers, 1 young male Common Yellowthroat, 3 Red-winged Blackbirds, 5 American Goldfinches, 2 Eastern Phoebes, and a 3-4 Monk Parakeets in the pine by the parking lot.  No Grasshopper, but the Clay-colored and other birds were nice and we had a great walk around the gardens. It's a very nice place.  Frank Gallo & Vanessa Mickan