lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sun Oct 17 12:48:13 EDT 2010

Long Island Sound, Norwalk/Westport:
While I was fishing this morning, I noticed flocks of warblers flying north across LIS towards CT.
I fished various locations between Westport and Norwalk from 7:30 until 11:00 this morning.
Every place I fished, and also while moving between locations, I saw flocks of Yellow-rumps anywhere from a few birds to groups of fifty or so, all flying north from Long Island.
I guess they were pushed out there from the winds of the past few days,  its very cool how they orientate themselves to find the mainland, since they could have stayed and followed Long Island.
While anchored, the birds would now and then slow down and looked at the boats bow railing, as if they were going to perch and take a rest. They never did land but continued on towards CT.
When I got home, I looked at my bird creek, and pond, guess what numerous guest were there, bathing away?
Larry Flynn