[CT Birds] Fairfield, "Sherman" - 10/17

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Sun Oct 17 12:48:40 EDT 2010

I had a nice morning at Sherman this morning, and like others, I too
had an influx of Yellow-rumped Warblers as well as 6 sparrow species.
Other migrants were also evident, though I bet the breeze kept me from
tallying everything.

Because there were no soccer games today, I was able to do the whole
route multiple times.

8:00-10:15
Sherman Highlights/Migrants:

2 Sharp-shinned Hawks-Over town hall fields
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
2 Northern Flickers
2 Carolina Wrens
9 Ruby-crowned Kinglets-Fairfield Museum spring area
3 American Robins
40 Yellow-rumped Warblers
3 Common Yellowthroats
2 Eastern Towhee
1 Chipping Sparrow-Fairfield Museum spring area
30 Song Sparrows
3 Savannah Sparrows-School side
9 Swamp Sparrows
17 White-throated Sparrows
1 Dark-eyed Junco-Brush along soccer fields

 From Alex Burdo:
10/17/10 - Fairfield, Sherman School Brush -- 1 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER

-Alex Burdo
Fairfield