[CT Birds] Blue Grosbeak pic/Boothe Park HW migrants

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 19:34:40 EDT 2010

I put a photo of today's Blue Grosbeak up: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

After returning to the Stratford gardens (on Connors Lane) later in the
afternoon for another goodie that Frank Mantlik found and will likely post
later, I found a VESPER SPARROW. Every time one of us goes there to chase a
rare bird we find another one...

The Boothe Park Hawk Watch lasted all of 2 hours, 8-10AM. Only 4
Sharp-shinned Hawk were tallied while winds went SW. Non-raptor migrants
were numerous but headlined by a conservative count of 157 Yellow-rumped
Warblers. Most of them flew in from the east, some stopping in the park
while others only passing by. I missed a lot more passerines in flight.
Other migrants included:

31 Canada Goose
3 Red-breasted Merganser
3 Double-crested Cormorant