[CT Birds] Nelson's Sparrows continue,Sherwood Meadowlarks

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:38:30 EDT 2010

10/19/10 - Southport - Southport Beach - 5 NELSON'S SPARROWS(probably more) in the spartina along with 2 MARSH WRENS
Westport - Sherwood Island SP - 7 EASTERN MEADOWLARKS seen feeding on the model airplane field near the edge of the marsh and also in flight. These birds were very skittish,maybe because of the SHARP-SHINNED HAWK that's been hanging around. I did not see these birds yesterday even though I looked fairly hard as AJ Hand had seen three on Sunday morning. Also seen, WHITE-CROWNED and FIELD SPARROWS,15 GREATER YELLOWLEGS in the Mill Pond near the park entrance.
Tina Green