[CT Birds] Easton, Snow Geese

Chasbarnard at aol.com Chasbarnard at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 12:14:56 EDT 2010

A flock of about 20 Snow Geese was flying out of the fields at Flirt Hill
(Trout Brook Valley orchard area) in Easton as I was approaching from the
trail  through the woods towards the field. One field area is in corn stubble,
so that  was probably where they had been.  Four Canada Geese remained in
the  stubble field.

Also in the fields were about 20 American Pipits and 150 American  Crows.
Too many unleashed dogs running around, creating chaos, forced me  to leave
before I could cover much ground there. There was more peace and quiet
driving home through traffic on the Merritt Parkway than there was at Flirt Hill
 once the dog people showed up in force.

Charlie Barnard Jr.
Stratford