[CT Birds] Tri colored and bittern

Richard Payne richardpayne07 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:16:18 EDT 2010

Tricolored Heron - YES

I saw the juvenile Tricolored Heron at 1:30 pm today at Hammo: flushed from
the pond adjacent to the East Beach parking lot, it landed on the top of a
cedar tree at the pond's edge at remained there until I left.

Also around the East Beach parking lot, one each Merlin, Northern Harrier,
and Cooper's Hawk. Large numbers of Chickadees and Yellow-rumped Warblers
throughout the park.