[CT Birds] Stratford migrants

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:07:18 EDT 2010

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
10/20/10 - Stratford, Sikorsky Park -- 1 VESPER SPARROW, 5 WHITE-CROWNED
SPARROW, 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW among hundreds of sparrows. There were at least
140 Swamp and 110 Song with several more sparrow species. The two species
popped up from the grasses and scrub nonstop. The Vesper was the third in
four days for me at three different Stratford spots. I was glad to see a few
Fields in two different locations today, as I have not seen many this fall.
Stratford, Boothe Park -- 1 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER. It seems to be yet
another species we are having an above-average season of locally.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT