[CT Birds] Stratford Point - Bufflehead and more

twan leenders tleenders at ctaudubon.org
Wed Oct 20 20:37:45 EDT 2010

This afternoon there was a pair of Bufflehead in the cove off Stratford Point/Short Beach - my first of the season. Decent loon migration of both kinds this morning off Stratford Point. Lots of sparrows around there too, but unfortunately not enough time to pick through them. I did note at least three White-crowned Sparrows in the mix. Otherwise of note were 5 American Pipits on the revetment wall and a flyover Pine Siskin.

Twan Leenders
Conservation Biologist
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr Street