[CT Birds] Good morning in killingworth area

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Thu Oct 21 11:04:49 EDT 2010

Started this morning early in the trees in my yard in killingworth  looking
out my studio window with a pair of red shouldered hawks, two turkey vultures and five ravens. I then headed to the backside of chatfield hollow state park on beckwith road off route 148 and discovered quite a few very active warblers and similar sized birds high in the trees. I admit that identifying warblers is not my strongest, but if anyone is in the area, you might want to give it a try. As I was leaving 11 turkeys crossed the road in front of me.

My next stop was the small beaver pond off rte 81 in Clinton just north of clinton crossing. There were a few rusty blackbirds remaining. I have seen them on and off for the last week or so. Also saw yellow rumped warblers and many other unidentified warblers with varied yellow plumage. One hermit thrush, 4 phoebe, purple finches, 3 solitary sandpipers, 2 g w teal, 17 wood duck, 3 black ducks. 19 mallard, and a pleated woodpecker fly over.

Keith mueller. Killingworth