[CT Birds] raptors attracted to sounds

Tom Sayers sayers.tom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:07:04 EDT 2010

I have a raptor attracted to sounds story.  When building our house in
Tolland many years ago, I would arrive in the summer around 5 p.m. to
continue working after the main crew left for the day. As soon as I turned
on the country music radio station it wasn't five minutes before a barred
owl (we ended up calling him Barney) would show up and perch maybe 30 feet
away on a stub. This happened day after day after day for many weeks. He
would often stay perched there for an hour or more. I had no idea what to
make of it, but it was really cool. Tom Sayers Tolland, CT