[CT Birds] Quaker Roundup

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 18:40:43 EDT 2010

 Hi All,

We added another 3 Bald Eagles to our incredible tally of 195 on the season. Almost surprised we didn't get a second Golden today (but the looks at the first one made up for it).  I must say itis looking good for continued Golden Eagle sightings tomorrow at QuakerRidge. I know a few of you like to swing by here at this time of yearand it's looking promising on Saturday. It should be a fun day here tomorrow starting at 7:30am with our free morning walk - today produced large numbers of sparrows and a good diversity . Why not come for that and then hang around for an eagle show.

>From Luke Tiller:
10/22/10 - Greenwich, Quaker Ridge -- 1 Golden Eagle, 1 Northern Goshawk, 1 of todays Merlins carrying little birdy and eating on the wing, 1
Vesper Sparrow, 5 White-crowned Sparrow, 1 Lincoln's Sparrow, good numbers of Pine Siskins and Purple Finches on the property and overhead.
Yesterday a participant at my sparrow workshop flushed an American Woodcock whilst out looking for sparrows
Luke Tiller, Greenwich