[CT Birds] Mystic Snow Geese

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 09:34:43 EDT 2010

I just had about 50 Snow Geese fly low over the yard - just above tree top level.  I assume they just came off the Mystic River.  Exciting new yard bird.  Also heard two Swainson's Thrushes flying over last night and the yard was hopping this morning with the usual late migrants.  I also had an Eastern Bluebird which is a once or twice a year yard-bird despite wintering very close.

from Glenn Williams:
10/23 - Mystic yard -- 50 SNOW GEESE, 2 SWAINSON'S THRUSHES, RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, and PURPLE FINCHES

Glenn Williams
Mystic