[CT Birds] Waterford yard: yellow-bellied sapsucker and purple finch

Sailcarm at aol.com Sailcarm at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 13:39:50 EDT 2010

10/24 What a busy morning at my feeders and in the yard!  Like Grand
Central Station!  The chickadees and my two red-breasted nuthatches are  coming
in to the feeder at breakneck speed.   In addition to the usual  feeder and
ground suspects, I had an adult m. YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER this  morn in our
apple tree and a f. PURPLE FINCH at the feeder.  Last week  I reported a
juv.  y-b sapsucker to the list.  And, as I said in a  post yesterday, the
juncos and white-throated sparrows are back.

Now if only the pine siskins would show up!

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford