[CT Birds] Orange backyard

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 13:52:52 EDT 2010

10/24  Orange backyard
5 PURPLE FINCHES (4 F & 1 M).  I put up a separate sunflower chips  feeder
(a plastic dish type with an umbrella like plastic on  top)  away from the
other two and the purple finches all congregated at  this one.
I have had  between 2 and 5 Purple finches daily since they  arrived.
On a morning walk (9:30AM), I noticed in my neighbor's yard  20 Wild
15 of them were roosting in a tree and 5 were scavenging under the tree.
That's a large number for my neighborhood.
The sharpie has been making forays through my yard every other day or  so.
Bev Propen, Orange