[CT Birds] RUSTY BLACKBIRDS- DEP headquarters in Old Lyme 10/23

Julie Keefer julie.keefer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 16:53:58 EDT 2010

My husband and I went by this spot this afternoon (10/24).  We positively
ID'd one Rusty Blackbird and there were likely more but between mediocre
light and distance we could not positively ID the ones in the trees.  This
was a lifer for us!  Also, I have never seen so many butterbutts (aka
yellow-rumped warbler) in one place!  They were everywhere.  Among other
common birds, we also saw Swamp Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, Song
Sparrow, Eastern Phoebe, Cedar Waxwings, Green-winged Teal, Coot, Belted
Kingfisher, and Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  It was a great spot to bird, we had
no idea it was there.  There were other ducks but they were too far away to
ID, next time we will bring our scope.

Julie Keefer