[CT Birds] Milford Point

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Oct 28 12:28:02 EDT 2010

10/28/2010 Milford Point.. bars off Francis St. While teaching a class this morning a few birds were moving through: I adult female Cooper's Hawks heading west,  1 Barn Swallow (getting late), 1 American Pipit, 1 Killdeer, 2 Brant, 2 Savannah Sparrows.  The Barn Swallow, American Pipit, and Brant were flying west over the bars, the Savannah sparrows were in the dunes, and the Killdeer was flying north and calling before it circled back towards the Wheeler Marsh (we don't see too many killdeer here).  Frank Gallo