[CT Birds] Weather and rarities

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 28 19:11:44 EDT 2010

Hi Nick,
Additionally, there was an adult Yellow-billed Loon off Portland, ME the other
day (26th?).

Today I searched coastal Stratford and Bridgeport (Seaside Park), especially in
pursuit of unusual birds such as Franklin's Gull.  In short, it was very quiet;
relatively few gulls (only 6 Laughing total) and ducks, and few
sparrows/passerines as well.  Maybe that will change tonight and tomorrow, with
the forecast for NW (WNW) winds.  I'm guessing hawks, eagles, and geese will be
migrating in numbers Friday.

Frank Mantlik