[CT Birds] Fwd: eBird Report - Wilcox Park , 10/29/10

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 12:07:44 EDT 2010

>From Frank Gallo & Vanessa Mickan
ocation:     Wilcox Park
bservation date:     10/29/10
otes:     Overcast, temps in the 50's winds out of the northwest.  Lots of
irds moving after the front went through. I wish I could have stayed all day.
umber of species:     19
Canada Goose - Branta canadensis     78
allard - Anas platyrhynchos     4
harp-shinned Hawk - Accipiter striatus     1
lue Jay - Cyanocitta cristata     8
merican Crow - Corvus brachyrhynchos     30
uby-crowned Kinglet - Regulus calendula     8     the woods were full of
inglets on the walk down to the platform. Also many Juncos around flying out of
he woods and heading west.
astern Bluebird - Sialia sialis     20     Small flocks of 4 to 8 going over
ith the huge flocks of American Robins.. New for our list
merican Robin - Turdus migratorius     631     Flocks of 10 to 60
merican Pipit - Anthus rubescens     2     Only our second sighting of pipit
or the park.. two singles flying over calling.
edar Waxwing - Bombycilla cedrorum     55     a few small flocks heading west
ellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) - Dendroica coronata coronata     5     only a
ew going over
arbler sp. - Parulinae sp.     4
ong Sparrow - Melospiza melodia     2
ark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) - Junco hyemalis hyemalis/carolinensis     12
lying out from the woods and heading west.
ed-winged Blackbird - Agelaius phoeniceus     582     large flocks going over
egularly -- 20- 80 in a group.
ommon Grackle - Quiscalus quiscula     56     a couple of flocks
urple Finch - Carpodacus purpureus     34     many going over in groups of 3 to
.. calling..
ouse Finch - Carpodacus mexicanus     8
merican Goldfinch - Spinus tristis     10
ouse Sparrow - Passer domesticus     9