[CT Birds] Juncos - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 29 16:34:32 EDT 2010

Driving down Nichols Hill Road from South St here in Washington, CT early this
afternoon (Friday, 29 Oct) I noted several juncos flying up from the side of the
road. A nice change from the birds I was seeing in Ireland, 14 Oct till 25 Oct.
Lots of rooks in the country side in Ireland. The jackdaws I mostly saw in urban
areas. It was interesting watching rooks trying to chase a Eurasian ("Common")
kestrel behind my cousin's home in Co.Monaghan. Lots of pied wagtails and winter
wrens too.

David W Babington
Washington, CT