[CT Birds] Lighthouse Park - Possible "Fly-by" Northern Wheatear and Cave Swallow

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 29 18:18:05 EDT 2010

Passerines poured past Lighhouse Point Park, through 5 pm today.
At about 3 pm, I had a very inadequate, fleeting glimpse of a pale rumped Petrochelidon-type Swallow.
Later, at 4 pm, I observed a pale Bluebird-size bird on the number 2 phone pole for less than 10 seconds.  It was beige/buff colored, with a lateral pattern on the face and contrasting dark wings.  When it took off south towards the beach, past the pavillion,  Compiler Dana Campbell noted white on the aft-end of the bird.  Attempts to find it - at the point, near the Lighthouse, and around the western shore - were unsuccessful.
Two that got away in a moderate NW wind!
Steve Mayo