[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - impressive last hour or two.

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 17:31:27 EDT 2010

 Hi All,

I missed out on the Rough-legged Hawk which was seen well by a number of observers fairly low over the site. However popping up 10 minutes later allowed me to tally (with the rest of the gang) 1 Golden Eagle, 1 Northern Goshawk and a few hundred Snow Geese in amongst the many skeins of Canada Geese. Pretty nice way to round out the day following the mornings warblers. Both the Gos and the Golden put on quite a show as well - good (but cold) times!

Luke Tiller, Greenwich