[CT Birds] SWAINSON'S THRUSH

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 1 12:44:13 EDT 2010

Wow - what a day in the yard after hitting 26 degrees low this morning!

Seemed birds were everywhere. More Junco, White-throated Sparrows, Goldfinch and
others than ever today.

But - the best action was over at my Poke berry bushes. I have had two Hermit
Thrush eating these berries for a week now in with the regular 8 Bluebirds.
Today, in with them all, and almost overlooked was a late SWAINSON'S THRUSH.
Oddly, after feeding from the berries, it would jump down onto the unraked lawn
and feed amongst the many feeding Juncos. I observed this thrush looking for
eatables under the leaves. A good excuse for me not to rake the leaves just

Paul Carrier - Harwinton