[CT Birds] Bat Reports

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 16:18:01 EST 2010

 For those who may be wondering about the sightings of Red Bats at Lighthouse, Red Bats are late migrants and do fly and even feed in the day time. They migrate to the southeastern US where they then will hibernate for the winter. We have seen Red Bats here in northern CT as late as early December.  The Red Bat is currently listed by the DEP as a "Species of Special Concern" on the CT Endangered Species List.

Jay Kaplan
Canton