[CT Birds] 1 year since PacLoon

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 11 18:21:46 EST 2010

We are SO overdue for Boreal Chickadee.

I recall North Haven's Ed Shove telling me about coming home from a long November day at the Lighthouse Point Hawk Watch.  It was perhaps 30 years ago. His wife had taken a phone message from a birder who was out in the Quinnipiac Forest, as I recall.  The note simply said, "Boiled Chickadee".

Ed used to say he had seen every bird in the State of CT.  He may not have ID'd them all, but he'd seen 'em.  I believe him!

Steve Mayo
Bethany