[CT Birds] Lighthouse Park New Haven - Sunday November 14

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 15:40:26 EST 2010

18 raptors including 4 Peregrines counted (among 8+ Peregrine sightings).  We had another remarkably pale individual.  Winds went SE and the forecast is not stellar.

However...

By November 12, we had 1,932 hawks which is higher than any total month-of-November, in the long history of the Lighthouse Hawkwatch.  Historically, we'd usually have less than half that number for the whole month!  The last 2 weeks have been consistently amazing.  I'm sure there will be a few more days left to be able to come on down and hone your buteo ID ('Shoulder vs 'Tail) skills.

Also today, 5 raucous Monk Parakeet, 3 Pine Siskin, and the usual migrants.  As for bats and butterflies, 1 Eastern Red Bat, 2 Sulphurs and 1 Cabbage White.

Steve Mayo
Bethany