[CT Birds] Best CT BIrding Spots (Brian Kleinman)

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 21:36:49 EST 2010

Dear Brian,
Many years ago (early 1990s?) I put together a leaflet for the C.O.A. titled
"The Ten Best Birding Sites in CT".  It included the best seasons for each site,
a brief description, and directions.  I remember I tried to include at least one
area from each geographic part of the state.  I don't believe this is available
on the COA website, but perhaps it should be.
Here's that list (in alphabetical order):

1. Bluff Point Coastal Reserve, Groton
2. Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Ashford
3. East Rock Park, New Haven/Hamden
4. Greenwich Audubon/Fairchild Garden, Greenwich
5. Hammonasset Beach State Park, Madison
6. Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven
7. Milford Point/Nell's Island, Milford
8. River Road, Kent
9. Station 43, South Windsor
10. White Memorial Foundation, Litchfield

This list holds true even today, though many more places can be added.

Best,
Frank Mantlik
Stratford