[CT Birds] Best CT BIrding Spots (Brian Kleinman)
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 21:36:49 EST 2010
Many years ago (early 1990s?) I put together a leaflet for the C.O.A. titled
"The Ten Best Birding Sites in CT". It included the best seasons for each site,
a brief description, and directions. I remember I tried to include at least one
area from each geographic part of the state. I don't believe this is available
on the COA website, but perhaps it should be.
Here's that list (in alphabetical order):
1. Bluff Point Coastal Reserve, Groton
2. Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Ashford
3. East Rock Park, New Haven/Hamden
4. Greenwich Audubon/Fairchild Garden, Greenwich
5. Hammonasset Beach State Park, Madison
6. Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven
7. Milford Point/Nell's Island, Milford
8. River Road, Kent
9. Station 43, South Windsor
10. White Memorial Foundation, Litchfield
This list holds true even today, though many more places can be added.
From: "snaketat at cox.net" <snaketat at cox.net>
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Sent: Sun, November 14, 2010 7:41:16 AM
Subject: [CT Birds] Best CT BIrding Spots (Brian Kleinman)
I'm currently working on a project and I need to pick your brain. Off the top
of your head (without referring to any guides) name the top 10-20 birding spots
in CT (please include town as well). These locations must be accessible to the
Please email your responses to snaketat at cox.net
Thanks! And I look forward to seeing your responses.
This list is provided by the Connecticut Ornithological Association (COA) for
the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut.
For subscription information visit
More information about the CTBirds