[CT Birds] Stratford yard Rusty/Fox

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 10:11:31 EST 2010

  From Scott Kruitbosch:
12/23/10 - Stratford yard -- 1 RUSTY BLACKBIRD, 1 FOX SPARROW.

I was going to do some CBC scouting today and it looks like I don't have to
leave home. Glad to have them ticked off for count week already. Hosting a
Rusty Blackbird or a pair is an annual tradition for me, though it is very
rare to see one come to the feeders without snowfall the previous day/night.
This one was loosely associating with a group of Red-winged Blackbirds
before they were all scared off. I sure hope both birds return and stick.

The Rusty Blackbird sightings from other CBCs this year were fantastic.
Please do report them and log them into eBird with as precise a location as
you can, noting habitat selection, behavior, sex, etc. when possible.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT