[CT Birds] Westport Barnacle - YES, Hammo Razorbill - NO

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 24 11:45:01 EST 2010

After considerable searching I found the Barnacle Goose at Gray's Creek around 815 am.  I've seen several in the State over the years, including 6 on North Farms Resevoir in the early 1990s, and one on the Farm River section of East Haven during a CBC. It's nice to see one that has provenance.

No sign of any Razorbill at Hammo.  I did see the drake Common Eider, 10 Ruddy Turnstone, 15 Purple Sandpiper, 70 Dunlin, 50 Sanderling, 3 BB Plover (from end of Morrraine Trail), 15 Horned Lark, 4 Snow Bunting, 2 Lapland Longspur.

Steve Mayo
Bethany