[CT Birds] Grassy Island, Greenwich Harbor

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Wed Jan 19 14:11:19 EST 2011

Today at Grassy Island, besides the usual numbers of Bufflehead, Black ducks and Canada Geese, several HOODED MERGANSERS and RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS, 2 GADWALL, 9 RUDDY DUCKS, 23 SCAUP (most tucked in napping, all those I positively ID's were GREATER) and 1 COOT. There was also just one BONAPARTES GULL today, along with dozens of Ring-billed Gulls(one with a blue band A3H, which I've reported)and some Herring gulls. In a spot where the grass is becoming exposed, there was one KILLDEER and at least one SAVANNAH SPARROW.  Thanks to Joe Zeranski for the heads-up on the ruddies and coot!

-Sean

seanmurthaart.com